Thursday, May 21, 2015

continued from previous post

So at some point in this general era, mom receives a call from her sister, Aunt Mary Lou.  Who is living in Texas.  And lo and behold, Aunt Mary Lou asks to talk to me.  That never happened before. Aunt Mary Lou starts asking me about the beatings.  So I did as I was coached, and repeated "I don't know" over and over until Aunt Mary Lou asked to speak to mom.  As mom handed the phone to me she had a concerned look.  Like maybe I would snitch.

Later Mom busts dad as having given Aunt Jean Aunt Mary Lou's phone number out of her address book.  that was a pretty intense fight that lasted weeks.

A few months later in the summer we go down to Texas to visit Aunt Mary Lou.  And now I am afraid of Aunt Mary Lou because she had hassled me on the phone.  For good reason.  One adult was savagely kicking my ass on a routine basis.  So any adult was capable, and not to be trusted.  So we get there after like a 12 hour ride in the station wagon.  And I am afraid of Aunt Mary Lou.  And refuse to get out.  Finally I tell dad Mary Lou will kill me.  Mary Lou comes out and promises not to kill me.

So that made me okay with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment