Wednesday, May 20, 2015

number two

So this 50ish woman who would scream at my mother on the hill, "You are going to hell" was eventually fired from her job at the MFA.  I was standing there when Porter O'Dell, the manager, told my mother he fired her.  Later I overheard talk that members of local christian churches were complaining to various people about the public beatings.  Obviously a christian who was strong in their faith would see my mothers rageaholic meltdowns and subsequent beatings of me imoral.  So I assume these people complained to porter O'Dell enough that he fired her as a public relations thing.

Early in my childhood my family would be invited to various "cookout" type situations in the local area.  Probably this was connected to my father holding a teaching job at the local high school.  There was a local farm family who had a pool behind their house.  And would have these cookout parties in the summer.  So I must have been 5 or 6.  And was in the pool with a bunch of other kids.  And all of the sudden my Mom starts screaming for me.  So I come running.  A lady grabs me by the arm, and tells me not to go to her.  And I had an idea I was about to take another beating.  But was too afraid not to report as ordered.  And of course my psycho bitch mother was in a rage, and I took another beating.  I assume someone confronted her about her activity.  Something threw her into a rage, and this is my best guess.  So of course all these beating s were very painful.  I remember a teenage girl talking to my mother right as the beating was starting.  I did not know her.  She was telling my mother, "I forbid you".  Then as the beating commenced, my mother was shouting something at this teenage girl angrily, and ending her rant with "little girl", directed at the teenage girl.

So after my mothers psycho bitch rage wore off, and the beating stopped, a very old woman arrives on the scene.  And the teenage girl points out a grown man I don't know to the old lady.  And said he refused to stop the beating.  So the old lady tells the man she couldn't have him on the farm anymore. And would buy him a house in Kansas City so he could get a job there.  Then my father was asked to get the family out of there.  I think a family named Hankins lived on that farm later.  Anyway, we lived a mile or so down the road.  So after we were put to bed, Greene County sheriffs deputies showed up at the house asking about the incident.  And my father lied his ass off, saying it didn't happen.  an old man from the party was with the deputies.  So my dad comes upstairs, tells me to stay, because I had signs of the beating.  And took my brothers down.  The old man, told the deputies there was another child.  My dad continued the lie.  And the deputy said he would get a search warrant.  So my dad brings me down.  The cop asks me questions.  And I had been coached to say "I don't   know".  So the cops go away.  The rest of the years I lived in the town the family was never asked to attend these cookout gatherings.  Obviously because of my mothers rageaholic meltdowns.    

No comments:

Post a Comment