Tuesday, August 11, 2015

2nd permanent duty station

So my tour at the Navy Finance Center in Cleveland was only a little over a year.  So my 2nd set of orders was to Patrol Squadron 17 , home ported at the Barbers Point Naval Air Station on the Hawaiian Island of Oahu.

So I was given the standard 30 days leave between duty stations.  And I still considered Jimmy Morris a close friend.  So I had written him, and told him where I was going.  Now I had not seen his sister Lisa in around 2 years.  So I had forgotten her, and considered the whole soulmate thing she presented long over.  But obviously she found out I was going to Hawaii from her brother.  And this was like throwing gasoline on a fire.  And I had no idea what was coming as I had forgotten about her.

So I am on leave, and staying at my dad's place in Springfield.  James Andrews tells me on the phone he wants to take me out to dinner.  And I had no idea this was a set up.  So we meet for this dinner date.  And Andrews says he needs to talk to me first.  Then starts talking about Lisa not being over me.  As previously stated, I had forgotten about Lisa.  So I tell Andrews I don't know who he is talking about.  He ignores this, and keeps on going.  I tell him again i didn't know who he was talking about.  He then tells me it is Jimmy Morris' little sister.  Then I realize this is a set up.  And tell him I know Morris "roped him into doing this".  He lies and says he didn't.  So I tell him I had a hard time believin he pulled this out of thin air without input from Jimmy Morris.  And since I was being taken to a dinner in which Lisa was at, Andrews realized he couldn't take me being unwilling to cooperate, as I was obviously not going to do.  So he said he had to cancel, and left.  Obviously To tell the waiting Morris people.  So I went to Mikkie Dees, having shown up hungry like Andrews asked.  So I eat.  And think I stopped and got a beer somewhere.

And lo and behold, when I get back to Dad's house, Jimmy Morris and Andrews are waiting for me.  Having told dad they were looking for me.  So dad assumed I no showed Andrews.  And Morris and Andrews let him think that.  So this pisses me off.  So it takes me like 20 minutes to make dad understand Andrews cancelled  on me and left me hangin.  Not the other way around.  So now I'm standin there bitchin at Andrews/Morris for letting my dad think I stood them up.  Obviously Andrews went to the shin dig and told Jimmy Morris I wasn't cooperating in their little ambush.

Andrews keeps telling Morris that "He (meaning me) saw us coming a mile away".  Which traps Andrews in a lie . the lie being Morris didn't rope him into the ambush.  So I hollar "liar, liar pants on fire" at Andrews.  Andrews bitches at Morris for "making him look bad".  Morris starts bitchin back that he is the one "who has to go to daddy".  And bitches some more about Andrews always claims he can do something that it turns out he can't.

So then Morris reverts to his whiney bitch routine of begging me.  "Please".  "For Me".  So I rerpeat my standard response that I won't do anything unreasonable for him anymore than he he won't for me".   I finally shut him up by asking him why he has to "be a one way motherfucker like that".

I have suspected all these years that Jimmy Morris offered Andrews cash if he could get me to cooperate with the shotgun wedding    

No comments:

Post a Comment