Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Naval Air Station Barbers Point

So I was at NAS Barbers Point Hawaii.  Assigned to VP-17.  As a payroll clerk I was TAD to the disbursing office on base.  Which was part of the Personnel Support Detachment.

Had been there a week or 2.  Get a phone call from LT Dave Schultz.  A pilot in the squadron I was assigned to.  His collateral duty was also to serve as the squadron personnel officer.  I assume he was the closest thing to a division officer I had, as I was a  TAD person away from the hangar.  I cannot remember if LT Candance Kelly was involved in this initial interview, for lack of a better term.  So I get asked about Lisa Morris.  Which was an immediate indicator to me the Morris clan had been making phone calls.  And had been actually taken seriously by someone above me in the chain of command.

I don't remember this initial interview being intense.  And I assumed that since I had actually done nothing wrong, this would all go away quickly.

Boy was I wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment