Monday, July 6, 2015

On the hill (the square)

Musta been 5 or 6.  On the hill (square) with mom.  She gets pissed and starts kickin my ass.  She slams me into the side of the family station wagon.  The inside of my cheek gets cut by my teeth.  So I am bleeding and spitting the blood out.  Mom is still kickin my ass.  Other adults on the hill say something about I may bleed to death.  So they pull Mom off me.  And put a paper towel in my mouth to stop the bleeding.  Mom was only pulled off me 2 or 3 times.  So this intervention was rare.  Usually people just watched.  Then everyone would stand around looking at each other.  Sometimes mom would say something about her getting headaches.  As if this was an excuse for her psycho bitch meltdowns.

There was a custodian named Lumley, last name.  He worked in the grade school.  From talking I overheard, Erb had him around me in case he wanted to overpower me.  One time Lumley tells Erb he doesn't want to help overpower me.  Which never did happen by the way.  Because he had daughters in school younger than me.  And he didn't want me deciding to take vengence on his daughters.

Years later when I was in high school, Lumley walked up to me.  And as near as I can remember this is the only time he ever addressed me directly, said "I have a lot of respect for you".  I assume he meant because of all the beatings I took off psycho bitch mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment