Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Tommy Easterly

Tommy Easterly was a graduate of our school.  And returned to teach art.  He was okay I guess. He would turn on the local rock station while we worked on our art projects.  But he turned out to be a little to easygoing.  As in controlling his classroom.

The art classroom was in the junior high area, but was used for high school classes also.  So this was 8th grade.  In 7th grade I went out for football.  And as I was held back in first grade, I was older than the others in our class.  And as our family had hay equipment, and put up other farmers hay, I worked in the hay fields all summer.  And was thus not only bigger than most in our class, I was also stronger.  So I was able to push most of the other players on the team around.

However, my personal hygiene was very poor.  Not regular bathing, nor brushing of teeth, nor changing of clothes.

So females didn't pay much attention to me.  I was bottom rung on the social ladder.  Mostly due to personal hygiene.  Partially due to being considered dumb due to being held back in 1st grade.

So 8th grade.  Doing well on the football field, but not used to females wanting anything to do with me.  was sitting across the table from CS.  Whose father was a Greene County Sheriffs deputy.  So I had a big game on the field.  And had made a hard tackle on a kickoff return.  So hard I actually gave myself a black eye.  I could feel my brain sloshing around in my head.  The kid I tackled had to be taken off the field by the ambulance crew.  So the next day in class Karen Howard asks me about my black eye.  I tell her about it.  And say it is violent on the football field.  So CS overhears.  And starts talking to me.  It turns out Tommy Easterly comes over and sees CS is sitting in a puddle, and asks her if she peed herself.  But I think she must have become sexually aroused over the football talk.  And decided she wanted me as her boyfriend.

So the 8th grade dance is coming up.  CS asks me if I am going.  I tell her there is nothing there for me.  Because I couldn't dance A lick.  She tells me to meet her there.  I tell her I'm not going.  This scene repeats its self several times between then and the dance.   So I show up in art class the monday after the dance.  CS is yelling at me about how I didn't meet her.  And I said, "just like I told you I wasn't".  This is around the time she started openly attacking me in art class.  With Tommy Easterly ignoring the whole thing.  After it happened a few times Karen Howard went to easterly and complained about the attacks.  Nothing happened.  Then another person in out class was throwing a party, so CS starts ordering me to meet her there.  And I repeat I wasn't going.  And again the scene repeats its self a few times.  Again after the party CS again starts yelling about how I didn't meet her.  And again I repeat "just like I told you I wasn't".  Meanwhile the attacks had continued all this time.

CS tuned out to be psycho bitch #3, and stalker #2 for me.

So it's the school year goes on.  I am waking into art class.  CS hits me a few times, which had become routine. I keep walking away from her.  She runs up behind me hitting me in the back with a forearm shiver.  Which hurt.  So I swing my open hand back toward her.  Swinging the open hand.  Trying to swipe her away from her.  Still walking away from her.  Still with my head facing away from her.  By no means a planted punch.  I hear a scream.  CS is holding her jaw.  Easterly asks what's wrong.  CS speaks that her jaw hurts.  Easterly sends her to the school nurse.

I hear later CS's jaw is supposed to be dislocated.  I to this day question this as I was only swing my open hand in her direction.  And don't believe I hit her that hard.

So a few days later, Easterly tells me that CS's father, the GC sheriffs deputy asked Dean Crayton, the principle, to kick me out of school for ten days for hitting his daughter.  This is where Easterly figures out this could be trouble for him as he has been ignoring CS's attacks on me for months.  So Easterly tells Crayton about the attacks.  And that CS has responsibility for the events.  So one day in class Crayton calls Karen Howard, and another girls who sat in the area what happened.  And they told the truth about CS's assaults.  So Crayton tells CS's father he is considering suspending CS, not me for 10 days.  So that shuts up CS's father.  Meanwhile CS had been out of school for medical reasons, the jaw thing.  So Crayton says CS can't come back to school until CS is cleared by a shrink. So CS sees a shrink.  A female.  She says CS should be back in school.  Crayton asks me if it is okay if CS comes back to school.  I say "no".  So CS's shrink actually shows up at school and starts bitching at me right in the hallway, psycho bitch #4.

Finally Crayton allows CS to return to class, but with the requirement she runs the other way when she sees me in the hall.  So people would laughing tell me for the rest of my years in that school about seeing CS running down the hall. Then a few seconds later seeing me walking the same direction.  Guess Crayton wanted the $110 a day for each student paid by the State of Missouri.

So Crayton told dad I was being attacked in class, as my dad was a teacher.  Who in turn told my mom the psycho bitch.  Who got pissed.  And starts asking me over and over why I never said anything to her.  Obviously I had experience with mom picking kids outside the family over myself.  Like Charlie Jerimiah, and Mike Pomeroy.  So I figured mom would back CS.  Mom ends up giving Crayton so much shit Crayton goes to dad to ask me in Craytons presence to ask mom to chill out.  I was able to end this quickly by asking dad if he thought mom seriously listened to anything I said.  The obvious answer being no.  So finally Crayton brings Easterly up on one of those trials for tenured teachers in front of the school board.  Easterly hired an attorney.  And managed to keep his job.  Possibly because his Easterly father was a local farmer and respected auctioneer.

Easterly warned me to never take any of his classes again.  Like he isn't responsible for his own ignoring the attacks.

I will always respect Karen Howard for standing up for me at this time.          
 

No comments:

Post a Comment