Monday, July 13, 2015

twilight zone events continue

And the twilight zone esque events in my life continued t roll on.  Got kicked out of high school in my senior year.  So I attended a GED study school in Springfield.  Then passed the GED.  And heard about a study school in the Springfield school district that allowed people to come in and bone up their academic skills.  And since I wasn't a huge academic success in school, I decided to take advantage.  A prerequisite to getting into to this study school was an appraisal test.  So I went in, and took the test.  With a room full of others.  I was asked to stay back.  And asked to take another re exam.  Now I ain't no rocket scientist material, but they weren't used to people doing that well.  Actually the test had a lot of World War II questions.  And one of my tertiary interests was WWII.  So I was able to kick the tests ass.  I didn't initially realize they suspected me of cheating.  So I gave it my best shot again.  And did well again as it was a similar WWII heavy test.  So they asked me to take a third test.  This time with several stall people walking around watching closely.  And the people watching reported "no cheating".  So then they pulled me in an office, and start explaining it is the schools' policy to not let people in who did that well.  But to try and get them a college scholarship.  No I knew full well I was weak on math and science.  Which is why I was there.  So I told them I wanted in their school.  We went back and forth, cause they had decided they didn't want me there.  So I said, "I came in here and took your test, either I'm in or out".  With hesitation they said I was in.  Some helper dude in the office starts givin me crap that I shoulda jumped on the scholarship.  And I asked him how it would be to my advantage to flunk out of college.  That shut him up.

So I'm in the study school, and the people runnin it don't want me there.  So they call my old high school principle.  Dean Crayton.  I had smoked weed and drank beer thru school, so crayton thought I was an out of control drug dealer.  Just a kid who smoked a joint and drank some beer on weekends.  So Crayton tells them I am dealing drugs out of their study school.  Which of course was utter bull crap.  So the people runnin the study school get a springfield detective in there on the sly.  And I walk in one morning, and the teacher tells me I have a new seat on the periphery of the classroom.  Away from everyone else. Next to a curtained off storage area.  Little did I know, the detective was hiding behind the curtain.  And a girl was standing there, who I didn't know.  I walk over, sit down, and start looking thru the books on the table that were placed there for me.  Which had never happened before.  I ignored the girl, who continues to stand there.  She says "Ask me out".  Which blew my mind.  I had no money to be taking a girls out with, and ignored her.  Mainly I was intensely shy around the ladies.   So she repeats "Ask me out".  And I continue to ignore her.  She loses her temper and starts yelling at me.  At that second the cop pops out from behind the curtain, and asks what's going on.  She says "He tried to rape me".  Which was a flagrant bold faced lie.  So I start bitchin at the cop about the obvious lie, which he was behind the curtain to overhear.  So he grudgingly admits the girl committed a crime.  But points out to me the girl is the daughter of the man in charge of the study school.  Which I didn't know from Adam.  And tries to talk me out of pressin charges.  And I am pissed over the lie, and refuse.  So then the cop tries to lean on me, and he thinks I am dealing drugs.  And since I am broke, don't even have a personal stash.  Or a bowl, or papers.  So I am clean.  So I keep pushin.  So the cop thinks he is playin his ace in the hole, and asks permission to search my pickup for drugs.  Or else he will get a search warrant.  So I allow the search.  Nothing is found.  So the people at the school, and the cops are standin there lookin like assholes of the year.  And I insist the girl be arrested for making a false accusation.  Which does happen.

Eventually the study school is shut down.  Probably for way more reason than what I describe here.      

No comments:

Post a Comment