Thursday, June 18, 2015

SHTF at Crane. Again

Holiday in Crane with dad's side of the family.  Mom had a few psycho bitch meltdowns at these gatherings.  Sometimes she actually restrained herself from kicking my ass.  Which generally didn't happen.  I assume because of family being present.  Although once a cop being present didn't stop her.  Actually twice.  But in these 2 instances she had already started before the cop arrived.  While at Crane, relatives were already present.

So Uncle Joe actually stopped a couple of assaults at Crane, by holding mom down on the floor.  It was rare for someone to actually intervene in a beating I was taking.  The 2 cops didn't.  The general reaction was for the people to just stand there and watch the assault.  Even the person who provoked moms rage.  Then after mom's rage wore off, everyone would just stand around looking at each other.

During one of her meltdowns, mom didn't kick my ass.  She just started saying she wanted the cops called.  She picked up the phone to call them herself.  Granddad made it clear she wasn't welcome to use their phone.  So mom continued bitchin.  So granddad called the cops.  Crane had no cops.  So stone county sent a deputy.  This was the 60s.  So it was a shaggy guy with a stache.  The guys listens to all sides.  And mom thought she was in the right.  Come to think of it I did take a beating that time.  So I was questioned.  And didn't snitch.  So mom starts telling the deputy she wants someone arrested.  The deputy says, "Oh, you want someone arrested?"  Mom says "yes".  So the deputy says "put your hands behind your back", and cuffs her.  Mom was obviously surprised.  Then the deputy tells her how old and decrepit the stone county jail is.  Then asks her again if she really wants someone arrested.  She said "no".

So the cop leaves.  Mom goes out to wait in the car until time to leave.  And obviously mom is still pissed.  Which as a general rule is, when mom is pissed, I get my ass kicked.  So I go out and wait in the car with her.  Grandad/grandmom has my cousins start looking for me.  And they find me in the car with mom.  And ask me to come back in the house.  I seriously didn't want to.  And said "no".
Grandad comes out and asks me to come in.  Again "no".  Mom gets pissed and orders granddad away from the car.  So eventually dad comes out and orders me into the house.    

No comments:

Post a Comment